Planning a trip to Great Wall of China? We highlighted a handful of the top sections near Beijing to visit during your vacation.
For more facts of the wall, check our post on Think you know everything about the Great Wall?
When you reasearch the which part of the wall to visit it come out Badaling, Mutianyu or Jinshanling. These are the most poplar section of the wall.
|Distance from Beijing||74kms / 46miles||73kms/ 45 miles||150kms/91 miles|
|Drive||1.5 hours||1.5 hours||2 hours 15 minutes|
|Crowdedness||most crowded, don’t do it in Chinese holiday||Crowed in Chinese holidays (May wait 30 minutes for cable car)||Not crowded|
877 (1.5 hours)
916 transfer H23 (2 hours)
City bus from Wangjing west (2.5 hours)
(+15RMB shuttle bus)
(+20RMB shuttle bus)
|Round way Cable car||140RMB||
Cable car: 120RMB
|Price for taxi||About 500RMB||About 700RMB||About 1000RMB|
1. Easily Accessible by Train and Bus.
2. Well preserved with good facilities.
1. Less crowded
2. Toboggan down from the wall
3. More green trees around the wall
1. Very quiet
2. Easy hiking to top.
3. Can enjoy the original part if you walk longer
1. Very busy
2. Very touristy
1. Long walk up to the wall
2. Became more touristy such as subway and burg king
1. Longer drive to get there
2. Not easy take the public transfer