Private Beijing Hutong Walking Tour
Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
Duration: 3 hours
Attractions: Old Beijing Hutongs, Visit local family, Bird-eye view of Beijing from Jingshan Park.
Service: English Tour Guide, Entrance Fees
Walking Level: ★★★☆☆ (Middle)
Meeting point: Nanluoguxiang subway station exit E
Meeting time: Any time as your requested
Private guided walking tour of Old Beijing Hutongs with a local expert.
See the hutong from outside and inside by walking.
A birds-eye view of Beijing and the Forbidden City.
Lead by a local informative, friendly and professional guide.
Hear entertaining stories and history from your informative guide.
Meeting point: Nanluoguxiang subway station exit E.
How to get there:
1. By subway. Line 6 and line 8 Exie E.
2. TAXI: Ask your driver to take you to Nanluoguxiang subway station.
Give the taxi driver the address in Chinese: 南锣鼓巷地铁站路北E口
Call for help: +86-13581665548
Your guide will meet you at the meeting point.
Walk around the Nanluoguxiang hutong area which was a place full of rich people. You will know why and how. See local people’s lives and take great pictures of the beautiful hutong houses.
The highlights are visiting the real people who live here for their whole life. Go into a real hutong house with more than 300 years, attend a gentleman, and see his life as a legend. The tour will end at Jingshan Park where you can enjoy a birds-eye view of the whole of Beijing.
After that, your guide will help you go back to your hotel or the place you requested.
Our guide will arrange a short break before visiting the big palace. Or be taken to the old street to try some local street food. This is flexible according to you.
Tour price: (All prices publish are in RMB and per person)
Child Discount (2 to 12 years old): 50RMB
Under 2’s: FREE
Payment: After you confirm the tour with us, no prepayment is requested, pay cash to your tour guide at the end of the tour. Or do the payment via PayPal.
Professional English-speaking tour guide.
All entrance tickets to the sights listed above.
Gratuity to the guide.
via mobile Best Beijing experience
We booked Leo for his private walking tour of the old Beijing Hutong. Leo’s English was excellent. He was enthusiastic and welcoming and really interested in making our tour the best experience. We felt his rates were very reasonable and he included tickets and a…More
Great hutong walking tour with Joe
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our private walking tour of the protected hutong neighborhoods with Joe of Beijing Walking Tours. Joe’s English was excellent and he was very willing to answer all of our questions, including about what life in Beijing is like. He…More
A highlight of Beijing
We had a wonderful time on the tour with Leo this afternoon. He was knowledgeable and provided interesting information about the city and the history of Beijing. The visit to the hutong was a highlight, with a fascinating display of insects and a real showman discussing his history in cricket fighting. We loved every minute!
Good to know:
1. This tour is ideal for first-time visitors or anyone who wants to learn more (and see more) of this city’s sites.
2. The idea of the tour is to walk in-depth to see the hutong, we don’t organize rickshaws for the hutong. If you want to do it, we can help you arrange it.
3. If you travel here in summertime (Especially July and August), please try to make this tour in the afternoon, as Beijing summer is very hot.
4. There always have places to take a rest, and it is easy to buy food and drink on the way.
5. Take your own toilet paper. Because most of Beijing’s public toilets don’t offer it.
6. Tips are always appreciated by our guides but never expected. They should be given if you believe your guide did an outstanding job, and further, if you as an individual want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide for that job well done. Usually, people give 30 to 60 RMB per person.