If you’re visiting Beijing with kids, don’t miss our 101 family-friendly activities for children when exploring the capital. From free museums to singing elevators, treetop adventures to puppet shows on barges, we’ve got loads of brilliant ideas to help you keep the children happy.
Best museums for kids
Note: All the Museums are not open on Monday as well as the Forbidden City.
1.The most popular nature Museum in China with 200,000 items in the collection, with the collection of paleontology, ornithology, mammals, and invertebrates coming out exceeding in the nationwide. Beijing museum of natural history
2. The mainly military collection flies you through the history of 20th Century China, with specimens from the 1940s through to modern airliner production. Chinese Aviation Museum…It is a bit far away from the city if you do it after your Great Wall trip, it is a great combine.
3. China Numismatic Museum remit is to collect, display and research ancient, modern and contemporary currencies and objects relating to banking history.
4. Experience science Inspire innovation at China Science and Technology Museum
Free things to do for children
5. Walk to Wangfujing food market and watch the scorpions on the sticks for sale.
6. Visit the Panjiayuan flea market, here are the things copy from the old day. You may get some really old stuff full of Chinese cultural.
7. 798 art zone is nestled in a 50-year old out of service military factory complex with a functional Bauhaus-influenced design.
8. Walking around Qianmen Street to see the traditional Chinese business and see the Beijing Axis.
9. Watch people doing Taiji from Temple of Heaven, you’d better go there in the early morning before 10 am.
10. See the flag raising or lowering ceremony at Tiananmen Square. It is the same time as the sunrise and sunset in Tiananmen Square.
11. Learn the 5000+ years Chinese history from China national museum
12. Go on a journey through Beijing’s past at the Capital Museum. This Museum is more about Beijing history and traditions.
13. Visit the Happy Valley which is the biggest theme park in Beijing.
14. Hiking the Great Wall of China as well as the wild sections of the Wall.
15. Hearing the stories of local life and history by a hutong walking tour. Walk around the Beijing hutong some of which are over 500 years old.
16. Visit the Glass Sightseeing Platform in Pinggu Beijing.—Shilinxia
18. Go up to Jingshan Park enjoy a birds-eye view of whole Beijing.
19. Go up to Drum Tower and enjoy the drum show
20. Pedal the boat at Beihai Park. This park is next to the Forbidden City with a beautiful pagoda surrounded by a manmade lake.
21. Climb longevity hill in Summer Palace. This is the biggest imperial garden existing in China. It is 4 times bigger than the Forbidden City.
22. Visit the imperial college in the Confucian temple.
23. See the giant panda at Beijing Zoo. There also has a lot of other aminals, it is good for a 2 hours visit.
24. Visit the old Beijing village — Cuandixiacun and see the beautiful countryside.
Children friendly place to eat:
25. Have a Beijing Duck dinner at Dadong duck restaurant
26. Have a hot pot meal at Haidilao
27. Eat the real street food at Huguoshi snack street.
Theatre for kids
28. Kongfu show at the red theatre
29. The acrobatic show at Chaoyang theatre
30. Puppet show China Puppet theatre